Based in the city of Durban and the province of KwaZulu-Natal, the KwaZulu-Natal Philharmonic Orchestra is widely regarded as Africa’s premier orchestra. Consisting of 70 fulltime professional musicians who come from more than 20 countries, the Orchestra has, over the past 30 years, earned a reputation for excellence and innovation amongst South African orchestras.
The treasured orchestra that resides in eThekwini wears many hats. While serving South Africa with distinctly professional orchestra performances, the KZN Philharmonic also dedicates much of its time and energy to enriching the local community through its Education and Development programme. In between World Symphony Series seasons, the orchestra becomes …
National Youth Concerto Festival
For all the blossoming starts around the country, we haven’t forgotten about you. In August the National Youth Concerto Festival auditions take place, to select the top young South African musicians nationwide. Their reward is to perform in a concert with the KZN Philharmonic, presented as part of the Spring Symphony Concert…
A list of our upcoming events is displayed below.
06/12/2014 - 07/12/2014
National Choir Festival Finals
Durban ICC Arena, Durban
- Media Release 29 October 2014
- Reflecting and celebrating 20 years of democracy
- Congratulatory Message To Bongani Tembe And The Kzn Philharmonic By The Mayor Of Ethekwini Municipality
- Congratulatory Message From The Kwazulu-Natal MEC For Arts, Culture, Sport And Recreation
- Celebratory Message to Bongani Tembe by Minister of Arts and Culture, Nathi Mthethwa
- Spring Season 2014 – Concert 7 Review